(NaturalHealth365) The global production of vegetable oils exceeded 208 million metric tons last year. You likely have at least one variety of vegetable oil in your kitchen. Nevertheless, our understanding of the risks associated with consuming vegetable oil is growing as time advances.
In fact, the latest research has shown the detrimental effects of vegetable oil on human health. Let’s take a brief glimpse at why an increasing number of people are moving away from vegetable oils and turning to healthier alternatives.
Beware of the health threats posed by vegetable oil
Evidence is mounting that consuming vegetable oil causes a litany of health problems. Vegetable oils cause oxidative stress, genetic damage, and mitochondrial dysfunction, each promoting cancer. Data from two separate studies show that consuming these oils heightens the chances of cancer growth rate by 1600%. Keep in mind, we’re talking about the vegetable oil produced by the major food companies, which is highly processed and toxic.
The milestone Sydney Diet-Hart Study proved that vegetable oil consumption hikes the all-cause mortality (death) rate. In this study, researchers separated participants into two groups, each consuming the same amount of aggregate fat. One group was provided with fat as linoleic acid derived from vegetable oils and margarine. The other group was provided with fat from meat, oil, and butter. The remainder of each group’s dietary intake was the same. Monitoring across seven years showed the group that consumed vegetable oil had a 62% higher all-cause mortality rate.
A randomized control trial referred to as the Minnesota Coronary Experiment shows vegetable oil consumption also leads to heart disease. The study’s participants who hiked their intake of margarine and corn oil experienced an 86% jump in heart attacks.
Vegetable oil is even a threat to mental health
In another research endeavor that involved analyzing blood samples from over 40 participants, it was discovered that six individuals who met the criteria for a diagnosis of major depressive disorder exhibited elevated omega-6:n-3 ratios along with increased levels of several inflammatory markers. Consequently, the study’s authors concluded that individuals with diets rich in vegetable oils faced an elevated risk of mood disorders such as depression and anxiety.
Additionally, a study conducted in 2020 disclosed that the consumption of soybean oil is associated with increased weight gain and gene dysregulation. Gene dysregulation is concerning because it contributes to higher rates of neurodegenerative disorders, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Healthy and tasty vegetable oil alternatives
Given the growing concerns about the health risks associated with vegetable oil consumption, you may want to seek healthier alternatives to incorporate into your diet. Fortunately, there are several options available that not only offer better nutritional profiles but also enhance the flavor of your dishes.
Here are some alternatives to consider:
- Olive oil: Olive oil, especially extra virgin olive oil, is rich in heart-healthy fats and antioxidants. It has been linked to various health benefits, including improved cardiovascular health and reduced inflammation. Olive oil can be used in cooking, dressings, and drizzling over vegetables and salads.
- Avocado oil: Avocado oil is another excellent choice, known for its high smoke point and mild flavor. It’s abundant in monounsaturated fats, which promote healthy cholesterol levels and provide a source of energy. Avocado oil is suitable for roasting and sautéing.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has gained popularity for its many health benefits. It is heat-stable and can be used in cooking and baking. Just be sure to choose an organic coconut oil for a better quality option.
- Ghee: Ghee is clarified butter and is widely used in Indian cuisine. It has a rich, nutty flavor and a high smoke point, making it suitable for high-heat cooking. Ghee is free of lactose and casein, making it an option for those with dairy sensitivities.
- Nut oils: Nut oils like walnut oil, almond oil, and macadamia nut oil offer unique flavors and healthy fats. They are best used in salad dressings, marinades, or drizzled over cooked dishes to preserve their delicate flavors.
- Flaxseed oil: Flaxseed oil is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health and reducing inflammation. It should not be used for cooking, as heat can destroy its nutritional properties. Instead, add it to smoothies, yogurt, or cold dishes.
When selecting cooking oils, consider the specific requirements of your recipes and your dietary preferences. Experimenting with different oils can not only improve the nutritional quality of your meals but also add exciting flavors to your culinary creations.
Sources for this article include:
The post Here is why vegetable oils may be the “worst foods in human history” appeared first on NaturalHealth365.
Please Help Support BeforeitsNews by trying our Natural Health Products below!
Order by Phone at 888-809-8385 or online at https://mitocopper.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomic.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Order by Phone at 866-388-7003 or online at https://www.herbanomics.com M - F 9am to 5pm EST
Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals Complex - Nature's most important supplement! Vivid Dreams again!
HNEX HydroNano EXtracellular Water - Improve immune system health and reduce inflammation.
Ultimate Clinical Potency Curcumin - Natural pain relief, reduce inflammation and so much more.
MitoCopper - Bioavailable Copper destroys pathogens and gives you more energy. (See Blood Video)
Oxy Powder - Natural Colon Cleanser! Cleans out toxic buildup with oxygen!
Nascent Iodine - Promotes detoxification, mental focus and thyroid health.
Smart Meter Cover - Reduces Smart Meter radiation by 96%! (See Video).